We’ve have been obsessed with energy bites lately. They are all raw, vegan, healthy, and super delicious. They are easy to make and keep for about a week so you can make a bunch in one go! These bites are perfect for a picnic, or a hike, or even just for a mid-afternoon snack at work. Wrap em up or put them in a container and head on out without worrying about finding healthy snacks.
These are the perfect amount of chocolatey-ness and coconutty-ness. The best part is that you can change these and substitute ingredients to your desire.
Chocolate Seed Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pepita, sunflower and sesame seed mix
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. You will need to use your hands for this; don’t be afraid to get them right in there.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll into balls any size that you wish. I found that a good size made about 20 of these bites.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.