Rocky Road Cookies are one of the all time favourites. They are chocolatey and chewy and delicious. Chocolate is usually the answer for anything, and with Valentine’s Day fast approaching these cookies are without a doubt the answer. It honestly doesn’t matter what the question is, they are the answer.
If you love chocolate like we do, the you will love these cookies. They hardly last an hour after baking in the TMG kitchen. No matter how big of a batch we make, they almost always disappear the same day.
Chocolate Cookie+ Vegan Marshmallows + Almonds + Dark Chocolate Chunks = HEAVEN! I mean look at them! Aren’t they the most beautiful ever. Now enough staring, let’s get to baking.
Rocky Road Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl mix the water, rice milk and ground flax. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cacao, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream together the sugar and oil. Add the flax mixture and blend until combined. With the mixer’s speed on low, slowly add the flour mixture until all combined and a dough is formed.
- Using your hands mix in the marshmallows, almonds, and dark chocolate.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Flatten into disks, and set about 1″ apart from each other.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. If you have more than one baking sheet in your oven at a time, ensure you swap their positions half way through. You also may need to add 2 minutes to the bake time.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.