This is a holiday go to in Kat’s house. Every Christmas her mom would whip up endless batches of these delicious biscotti. This year I decided it was time to make them vegan, because I couldn’t live much longer without them.
These are perfect for any Christmas or holiday party, whether you are hosting or not. If you’re hosting you will be the best host ever, if you are the guest your host will like you the best. Guaranteed.
They take a little bit to make, but they are easy to make, I promise you that. The best part about this recipes is that you can freeze these suckers at every stage! Freeze the dough, freeze after the first baking or freeze after the second baking. Just freeze and you have biscotti forever! FOREVER! That’s our dream.
Pistachio Cherry Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp water (+ more if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Using your hands mix the flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, flaxseed, water, vanilla extract, almond extract and pistachios. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated into a soft dough. Add more water if needed.
- Add the cherries and mix with hands until it is all incorporated. It is tough and may take a while but you will get it all mixed in!
- Divide the dough in half, and form two logs (approx. 13 inches long, 2 inches wide and 1 inch thick). Place longs on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes and remove and let cool. Once cool cut into 1 inch thick strips.
- Rebake at 250F for 7 minutes on either side. If you want them harder, cook a few minutes longer on each side.
- Eat and enjoy.
Enjoy the other recipes in our How to Vegan the Holidays Series below…