How to Vegan the Holidays PART 2 is here! With it you are one step closer to having a 100% plant-based and your best Christmas yet. Last week we gave you the perfect main and a side for your holiday. This week we bring you TWO more amazingly delicious sides!
Vegetables are an important part to any meal, especially your holiday meal. We paired our awesome Lentil Loaf and Garlicky Mashed Potatoes from last week with awesomely delicious roasted squash and asparagus.
The squash is warming and comforting and the asparagus is the perfect match for that. So dive head first into this delicious dish, you won’t regret it.
- 1 small-medium squash of your choice
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Half the squash and scoop out the guts with a spoon. Rinse and pat dry.
- Slice into 1/2″ slices and add to a bowl.
- Mix with 1 tbsp olive oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp pepper and agave nectar. Mix until all pieces are coated evenly.
- Lay on a lined baking sheet, making sure they are evenly spread out.
- Cut about 1″ off of the bottom of each asparagus.
- Lay on a lined baking sheet, making sure they are evenly spread out. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add both vegetables to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Nom and enjoy. Share with family and friends if you can stop yourself from eating them all.
For our other recipes in our #HOWTOVEGANTHEHOLIDAYS series see below…