These were requested by a few followers on Instagram and we are so glad they were! The two cauliflower bite recipes on this blog now because of it are killer! You’ll love them.
The perfect game day dish or any day dish really. The cauliflower is just tender enough to mimic a great boneless chicken wing. You’ll be able to trick any of your carnivore friends.
Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour flour
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2-3 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a shallow dish add whole wheat flour, panko, cornmeal, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder and mix until all combined.
- In two separate bowls add 1 cup non-dairy milk and 1 cup all purpose flour.
- For each cauliflower floret; coat in flour, then milk, then panko mixture and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat for all florets.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While bites are baking prepare your sauces. Add melted butter, lemon zest, black pepper and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- BONUS DIP: In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup vegan mayo, 2 tsp non dairy milk, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tbsp dill. Set aside.
- Remove bites from oven and toss in lemon pepper sauce. Place bake on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with celery and carrots and nom nom nom.