Happy American Thanksgiving to all our American followers out there! Thanks for the support and we hope you have a fun family-filled Thanksgiving. Dessert is kind of the best part of Thanksgiving, so we decided to show you one of our favourites.
This dessert is great because you can either make them individually for each person at your dinner or make one big tart for sharing.
This recipe is super easy to make and waaaaaaaaay delicious. It’s one of our favourite recipes that we have ever made.
Vegan Chocolate Tart
Prep: 15 min / Cook: 15-20 min / Total: 40 min / Makes: 6 tarts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp agave nectar, divided
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 5 avocados
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- coconut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add rolled oats, whole wheat flour, walnuts, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tbsp agave nectar, hemp seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg to a food processor. Process until you get a crumby dough.
- Press down a layer of the dough into your pan of choice about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Bake in oven for approx 15-20 minutes.
- In a food processor add avocados, cacao powder, non-dairy milk, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 agave nectar and vanilla. Process until you get a smooth consistency.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once cool add a layer of your avocado chocolate filling. Place to set in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until solid.
- Remove from fridge when you are ready to serve and top with coconut whipped cream.