HALLOWEEN IS SO SOON! WE ACTUALLY CAN’T WAIT! Halloween is essentially the best ever (Kat will make the argument that Christmas is, but Dev knows she really means Halloween).
We are all about easy recipes for your Halloween parties this year. We know you’ll be spending so much time getting your costume together to easy recipes is where it’s at! First we brought you the super easy Pumpkin Almond Butter Cups, and now the even easier Chocolate Apples!
One of the best things about this recipes is that you can totally make it custom to your taste buds. That’s what we did. We give you our two favourite toppings that you can try!
Chocolate Apples 2 Ways
Prep: 15 min / Cook: 5 min / Total: 20 min / Makes: 2 apples
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 apples, variety of choice (we used granny smith)
- 2 tbsp pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pretzels, finely chopped
- 2-3 arrowroot type cookies
- 10-15 mini marshmallow
- 2 wooden skewers
- Skewer apples down the centre so you have a handle for your chocolate apples.
- Melt down chocolate.
- While chocolate is melting, chop up the toppings you chose. In our case we finely chopped pecans, roughly chopped pretzels and crumbled the cookies.
- Once chocolate is melted transfer to a shallow bowl and roll your apple skewers until as much of the apple as you desire is covered.
- Allow apples to cool for about 5 minutes, than add toppings. Allow chocolate to set or transfer to fridge for quicker set time.
- Nom and enjoy!