One of the things that people find hardest to give up when going vegan is cheese. For a while vegan cheeses just weren’t very good. All that has changed. Vegan cheeses now are almost hard to tell from that actual thing and this vegan jalapeno cheese dip is no different.
The perfect dip to pair with delicious tortilla chips. Put it out for a party and watch as everyone believes it to be non-vegan cheese.
Vegan Jalapeno Cheese Dip
Prep: 20 min* / Cook: 0 min / Total: 20 min* / Makes: 1.5 cups
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup rise milk
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, boiled to soften
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 3-4 slices jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of pepper
- Soak cashews overnight. (*Not included in prep time)
- Boil sweet potato in a small pot until tender.
- Add all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend on high until creamy texture.
- Garnish with a slice of jalapeno and enjoy.