I love breakfast. It’s one of my favourite meals of the day and definitely one of the most delicious. I love the versatility of breakfast. Breakfast can be sweet or savory, traditional or unconventional, or large or small. As much as I love breakfast, I rarely make it in the morning and using opt out of doing so.
Don’t get me wrong, I am totally a morning person. When I wake up in the morning, I am up with my full energy. I opt out of cooking breakfast more often than not because when I cook I get really involved in my cooking and make a huge mess.
I’m a very messy cook, because of this I don’t normally have time to clean up my mess before I have to leave for work. So any breakfast that I can make or prepare the night before is A+ with me.
These overnight oats are actually perfect because they are super easy to make and way delicious! The best part about overnight oats is that you can dress it up how you want to.
Coconut Overnight Oats
Cook: 0 min / Prep: Overnight / Total: Overnight / Makes: 2
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- fresh fruit
- hemp seeds
- coconut sugar
- Maple syrup or agave nectar
- Add bananas and coconut milk to a small bowl. Mash the banana with a fork or potato masher.
- Add rolled oats, chia seeds, vanilla and spices and stir until combined.
- Pour in a mason jar or bowl. Ensure whatever you put it in can be covered with a lid or plastic wrap. Set aside in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning remove from the fridge and garnish to your liking. I put fresh fruit, hemp seeds and coconut sugar.