Croutons are life. Can we all agree that the best part about a salad is the croutons? Do you eat the croutons first or last? Do you even eat the salad? We’ll admit, sometimes we don’t.
We have a thing for croutons here in the Two Market Girls kitchen. Store bought or homemade, but of course homemade is better. So what better way to start this amazing journey we are embarking on then giving you one of our favourite crouton recipes. Great for all your salad needs and so easy to make!
Prep: 5 min / Cook: 20 min / Total: 25 min / Makes: 3 cups
- 1 small baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut bread to your desired size.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle your spices. Toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and set in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown. Flip halfway through.
- Allow to cool and store in an air tight bag for later use.